sit back, relax… as we unveil our next act
and then… there was video.
sometimes i’m so forgetful of my past life as a filmmaker that I don’t even remember to take my tiny video camera along to gigs. But I think after Bohdan teased that I had sort of mentioned I’d be documenting from the beginning, yet managed to consistently forget to pack the camera, finally for lovely Lisbon, I got my act together.
Now please don’t see the following youtube clip as any mark of my editing skills, I’ve just cluttered together some highlights. And this is only part of the adventure dears, I’m afraid if you weren’t there, you’ll miss out on the daytime of meandering up and down hill streets, marvelling at pretty much everything, and constantly daydreaming about moving from our respective cities and resettling.
Oh lady Lisbon, we really did fall in love with you…and it was definitely at first sight…
But I digress.. ah yes, My fellow smokers, and the mirrors they gaze into, here is a taster of our night out in a much loved town.
and here’s where I borrow Bohdan’s bullet points for description
- Sound check and teaser of a new piece from Bohdan and Ludwig
- Walking from our penthouse (not joking) to the venue, conveniently located next door (with a strip club across the street, apparently the venue used to be a strip club too, the whole kiez used to be redlight-tastic)
- Making it past the velvet rope (not only are we on the list mate, we’re on the flyer!!!)
- Back and frontstage before the show
- the show!!! (We were on at midnight, followed by a fabulous set by Lisbon’s own spoken word band “the social smokers” after which we could have stayed to party, but were too exhausted by the day, so opted for three hours sleep in the penthouse before rushing off in a rollercoaster ride of a taxi journey to the airport.. after all we had a gig in Lyons the following evening…
its not easy being a spoken word super star. but gosh darlings, we do make it look ever so good.
xxxx miss varjack